Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

I thought I'd post some of the photos I took back on that day ten years ago. I hadn't looked at these photos in a long time. But looking at them today reminded me of how everyone who was there that day forgot about themselves. We all became one. You can see it in my photos below.

I remember when the first tower fell. An elderly lady was left howling in the crowd as we all ran away. I didn't even think about it - I put my arm around her and comforted her, telling her it was going to be all right. We took a few steps together and then I looked up and saw a police woman looking at us both. I passed the old lady to her without a word, and kept stumbling up the street, heading away from the destruction.

So we all became one. And if anything the insanity of those who were behind this horrible act had the opposite effect—instead of pulling us apart, it brought us all together.






2 comments:

  1. wow, amazing photos. thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I linked to your post on my site:

    http://regoforestpreservation.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-11-2011.html

    ReplyDelete